Dr. Oneal F. Russell
Dr. Russell received his B.S. Degree in Neuroscience from Washington and Lee University. After graduate study in Physiology at the Medical College of Virginia, he earned his DDS from the Baltimore College of Dental Surgery. Following dental school, Dr. Russell completed a General Practice Residency program at the Baltimore VA hospital which has been ranked as one of the nations top post-graduate programs.
Dr. Russell had the distinction of serving as Chief Resident during residency and was awarded his ADA Certificate.
During residency, Dr. Russell underwent advanced study in all aspects of dentistry including Cosmetic Procedures and the Surgical Placement and Restoration of Dental Implants.
He lives in Annapolis with his wife, Jessica, an OB/GYN with Chesapeake Womens Care, their daughter and son.
- International College of Oral Implantologist
- Anne Arundel County Dental Society
- Chesapeake Implant Study Club
- Maryland State Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- BioHorizon Implant Study Club
- Annapolis Dental Study Club- Past President
Honors, Research and Professional Experience
- What's Up Annapolis Top Dentist
- ADA Certificate General Practice Residency Program
- Chief Resident, General Practice Residency Program, Dental Service, Veterans Affairs Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- Hospital and General Dentistry Clerkship, Veterans Affairs Hospital Baltimore, MD
- Senior Award for Excellence in Clinical Service
- Online Journal of Physiology- The Mammalian Amiloride-Insensitive Non-Specific Salt Taste Receptor is a Vanilloid Receptor-1 Variant. May 14, 2004
- J. General Physiology- Modulation of Rat Chorda Tympani NaCl Responses and Intracellular NA+ Activity in Polarized Taste Receptor Cells by pH. Cover Article. December 2002